SkinPen is an advanced precision tool designed to renew your skin’s natural ability to reverse the signs of aging and restore both skin tone and texture.
Treatments penetrate the top layers of the skin, creating micro-channels (microscopic holes). This process breaks down damaged tissues, stimulates natural healing, and increases collagen production – which all work together to achieve a youthful and healthy glow.
SkinPen is most commonly used on the face, but treatments are also an excellent way to improve skin tone and texture on the neck, decolletage, and on areas of the body where there are stretch marks, such as the stomach.
- Only FDA-approved microneedling device
- Clinically proven effective
- Safe for all skin types and tones
- Little to no downtime
- Long term, natural results
COMMONLY TREATED CONDITIONS
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin laxity
- Dark spots and sun damage
- Rough or dull skin
- Uneven skin tone
- Enlarged pores
- Acne scars
- Abdominal scars and stretchmarks
How does it work?
SkinPen uses 12 micro-needles which pierce the skin at a rate of 1600 micro-wounds per second. These micro-wounds trigger the immune system to respond by disinfecting the wounds, increasing blood flow, and beginning to create new tissue.
Results typically last for 4-6 months post-treatment. Many clients choose to schedule maintence treatments once or twice per year to maintain their results Also, having a consistent at-home skincare routine can also help preserve the results.
In the first 24 hours, clients may experience redness, and possibly the sensation of a sunburn. However, they can immediately resume their normal activities.
About the Procedure
- Avoid IPL/Laser procedures, unprotected sun exposure, or sunburn for at least 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
- Avoid the use of topical agents such as retinoids, exfoliants, or topical antibiotics 5-7 days prior to your treatment.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, Motrin, or Advil for at least 3 days prior to your SkinPen session.
- Do not wax, use depilatory creams, or have electrolysis to the area being treated for 5-7 days prior. If you need to shave, do so the day before your treatment.
- Avoid blood thinning agents for one week prior to help prevent bruising.
Day of Treatment:
- Your skin will be cleaned so it’s free of lotion, oil, makeup, powder, or sunscreen. If you wish, you can wash your face in the office upon arrival.
- Prior to your treatment, topical lidocaine will be applied to your skin.
- The SkinPen procedure will take 15 to 30 minutes.
- Wait at least 4 hours after treatment to cleanse the face if desired. Lightly wash with cool water or a gentle cleanser, and use hands to pat dry.
- Avoid sun tanning and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight for 2-3 days. After 24 hours, always use sunblock (30 SPF or higher) and wear a hat if you’re outside.
- Avoid strenuous exercises that cause sweating as well as jacuzzis, saunas, and steam baths for up to 48 hours.
Lymphatic massage is an excellent way to speed recovery and improve results. We offer both manual lymphatic massage, as well as ICOone, a very relaxing and highly-effective treatment. ICOone delivers lymphatic drainage using patented micro-rollers to lift and position the skin to stimulate collagen and elastin, ensuring faster, optimal results from your SkinPen session.